Statement of Faith
a part of the Cleveland Church of God organization, we adopt the
beliefs that they carry; the whole Bible is completely and equally
inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church
of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard
and official expression of its doctrine.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father,
conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary.
That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead.
That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of
the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and
that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for
forgiveness of sins.
- That justifiction, regeneration, and the new birth are
wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through
faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives
utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be
baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus.
First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the
living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the
earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous,
and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Below to Find Out More About the Church
Scroll the window to see more content
Get the Info You Need - Fast!