Answers to some of your technical questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q - Which browsers are best for viewing this site?
A - We recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera should also work.
- Q - What versions of these browsers were used?
A - We recommend downloading the latest version of these browsers, as there are many security and performance improvements in the latest versions.
The versions used for testing this website were:
- Google Chrome 15+
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13+
- Internet Explorer 9
- Front panels scrolling
- Selecting alternate music videos from the Music or Beloved Friends page
- Selecting alternate messages from the Message page
- Q - Where can I download the latest browser editions?
A - Latest Browser editions can be downloaded from these links:
Please note, on some browser download pages they may have different options selected for downloading additional components or software. Make sure
you uncheck all boxes for things you don't want before hitting the download button.
- Q - I can't seem to view the music videos or messages. There is a message in the box saying I need to have Flash.
A - All music videos and messages are hosted by youtube.com and require that Flash be enabled in your browser. Flash
is a free and safe component to add to your browser. Just follow the instructions to download and install.
- Q - I've noticed the icons (small pictures) across the bottom of each page. What are those?
A - These icons allow you to quickly go to any page in the website. We recommend you use these for getting to where you want to go.
- Q - I'm using an iPad and notice some differences. What's up with that?
A - Yes, the iPad does some things differently. There are some features that simply won't work
in the iPad, and some that we've provided work-arounds for. Here are the differences we've found so far:
- In order to scroll the various lists you must use a 'two-finger swipe'.
- When selecting a video to play the video will not automatically start playing. You must press the PLAY button.
- For non-iPad users you have the option of playing all the songs in the list. iPad does not support this option.
- Some things display and work differently in the iPad. The things we've noted are the Blogs page, but there could be others.
- Q - Can you tell me more about email security and viruses?
A - The button below pulls up a PDF document that you can view and print that discusses basic Internet and Email security.
If you still have a question, send us an email
Get the Info You Need - Fast!